Designed by architects Ritu Kurien and Nandita V. of Bangalore-based Yellow Dot Studios, Lavonne’s 18, 000 square feet, swanky new facility comprises three floors of world-class kitchens, an auditorium featuring a state-of-the-art live demo-kitchen, a student cafeteria in the basement, and an upbeat and eclectically designed café on the ground floor.
Located in the most vibrant part of the city, the pastry school has become a landmark among city dwellers. Indiranagar is a medium-sized neighbourhood in east Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is one of Bangalore’s newer areas and is known for being a residential cum commercial part of the city. The Namma Metro Purple Line runs through Indiranagar and has two stations within the neighbourhood – Indiranagar and Swami Vivekananda Road. Indiranagar is well connected to most areas of Bengaluru with the buses of the BMTC, which also maintains a bus depot in the area.
Our kitchens are equipped with cutting-edge technology and the latest culinary tools. The expansive classroom-kitchens house several spacious workstations for the students and one workstation for the Chef Instructor. Each classroom is provided with all the tools, equipment, refrigerators, ovens, cook tops, cutlery, crockery, and glassware required for every aspect of food preparation.
The building has been ergonomically designed to provide utmost safety. Fire alarms, centralised fire extinguishers for the building, portable fire extinguishers on each floor, medical kit boxes on each floor, 24 hour power back up with auto light turn on in case of power failures, 24 hour manned security guard on the premise, CCTV security cameras for all areas, biometric login system for students and employees, elevator access, centralised microphone for emergency announcements, and common assembly points in case of fire outside the premises are just some of the many features for the accessibility and safety of students, staff, and customers at Lavonne.
- Lockers: Students are provided with one locker each to keep their belongings in during the course.
- Cafeteria: The student cafeteria accommodates up to 50 students.
- Library: Our comprehensive library gives students access to an extensive collection of baking and pastry books, spanning several genres.
- Counselling: We provide personal and professional counselling sessions on appointment.
- Placement and Internships: Placement and internship opportunities for students both in the Lavonne production house and the industry are made available upon course completion.
- Student Discounts: Discount for all students at the Lavonne Café.
- Alumni Discounts: Alumni discount for certain Master/Demo classes at Lavonne.
The ultra-modern 80 seater Auditorium doubles up as a Demo kitchen during masterclasses. It is also used for theory classes, demo classes, meetings, and for other internal ceremonies.
Seeing is believing! And at Lavonne, we provide you the opportunity to tour our facility. Campus tours can be booked on our website or with our Student Coordinator via email / phone at least three days in advance.